Final Project Attempt 1

 

This is my first attempt of the final project of choice. I am already pretty satisfied with it. In this piece I have decided to address the issues with horse racing. Horse Racing has been a long time entertainment sport across the world. However, there are many issues of animal abuse covered by the glamorous colors and culture. Some examples would be racing horse way before their bone development is complete, illegally drugging horses to suppress pain so they can continue to run, and so much more. I am using these concepts too collage into a portrait of Justify, a 2018 Triple Crown winner. Using the horses name as a play on words, because how can someone "justify" animal cruelty.

Comments

  1. I think this looks great so far! I love the concept and think it's a really important issue. The only potential problem I see is that it's not tabloid size and i think that's required :/ Should be an easy fix though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had talked with Ed, he said it was okay to not do tabloid size for this project since it is our choice. So I decided to do a square since it'll give me a different orientation to work with compared to our other projects.

      Delete
  2. I love how this iteration looks so far as well. All the layers add so much dimension and depth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors and concept. It looks great so far

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is. an interesting idea, the only question I have is why make it so pretty if this is supposed to be about the issues and ugliness of horse racing?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sequential Narrative

Attempt 2