Sequential Narrative

 

All our lives we have listened to stories and have told our own. Usually within these stories there are lessons to be told. Sometimes the stories even share turning points or resemble an achievement within one's life. Within my piece I want to play with the idea of stories I've learned lessons from as a child. Most of these being references to Disney Fairytales. My main focus will be the stages of an apple being eaten, eventually dropping to the floor (very Snow White based). This invokes the sequential narrative, while I'll use pieces to allude to other stories to set the scene/background.

Comments

  1. I love your concept and can't wait to see what you do with this project. I think the color go very well with the apple the only concern I would have if you print it might come out a little dark.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your concept and i can see the story in what you have, I cant wait to see where it ends up

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your process looking into the actions of human nature. Like the hand motion of eating an apple is incredible. I would love to see more variety of color to show the motion of the hand but the choice of red is perfect too. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you can see the action taking place yet in a subtle way. Very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This concept works really really well, i think more visual contrast to emphasize the timeline could be helpful, and it may make it less dark overall

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with a lot of the comments saying it needs to be lighter. Its hard to see all the details even on the computer let alone when it will be printed out. I like the concept and the monochromatic color scheme

    ReplyDelete
  7. The deep colors are beautiful! They may be hard to print though, so bringing out certain bits and pieces more may help

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like that the arm connects at the same elbow area, it really sells the idea that there's some kind of movement going on. Maybe some blur or playing with opacity can really sell it if that's what you're going for!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Final Project Attempt 1

Attempt 2